You probably already know that I love skin care and beauty. I also love learning new things and educating others on the things I learn. Especially as a Master Esthetician, I really enjoy doing my own research on products. Recently, … Continue reading
I love that macrame and wall hangings are making such a big comeback. I love this look and love how much fun they are to make! Not only are they fun to make, but also pretty easy. Here is a … Continue reading
I love reading. I love reading all different topics and genres of books. Recently, I have been really into motivational books that have just made me feel awesome. These “self help” books are becoming more and more popular especially as … Continue reading
**This hike was done in support of #HikeForGrayson. Grayson is a 3 year old boy with Tay-Sachs Disease- which is incurable. To read more about Grayson, visit familytrailtime.wordpress.com/hike-for-grayson/
For more information on Tay Sachs, please visit curetay-sachs.org
With my husband joining the Army, I found that living alone was kinda the worst. I was alright throughout his Basic Training; but now that he is in Advanced Training for the next few months, I decided to move back in with my parents in Northern California. They have been so nice and I was even able to get a job out here so it is a blessing!
I love Northern California and there are so many amazing hikes right around where I live. The first one I did (since moving up here) was actually my first weekend living here several weeks ago.
It is called Codfish Falls. The trail starts down by the North Fork of the American River, follows the river for just over a mile, and then cuts back towards the canyon wall where you hike back to some some beautiful falls.
Here is some info about Codfish Falls so you can have the best experience during your adventure!
- The trail is out and back, about 3 miles round trip. The elevation gain is really nothing and you can bring your children and dogs on the trail! I always recommend wearing sunscreen and most of the trail is covered so you will be pretty safe from sun exposure!
- The hardest part of the trail is the 2 miles of off-roading you need to do to get to the canyon floor. The county stops maintaining the road before you get to the trail so you do need to drive over a dirt road to get to the trailhead. But, if me and my mom can do it in a Prius, anyone can do it!
- Since California has had so much rain and snow this past Winter, the rivers and waterfalls are all looking really great! If you want to do a waterfall hike, I recommend doing one earlier in the season, while the snow melt is still pushing a lot of water into the Falls. That being said, always remember to be safe- water current can be really strong!
Go have some fun on a hike now!
I am a girl who loves a good red lip. It just looks so classy and makes me feel put together. My years of doing makeup and going to Esthetics school has taught me some tips and tricks to nail that perfect red lip look! (Really- these tips can help you achieve the perfect look for any color lipstick)
- Exfoliate. That may sound weird to you but its true. When your lips are dry or chapped, it can make your lipstick look uneven/chunky. You can use a soft sugar scrub, a lip enzyme, or even just gently using a damp wash cloth. Voila! You now have the perfect surface to begin.
- Lip Balm. The very first things you want to apply will be some type of moisturizing lip balm. I personally love Aveda Lip Saver or Renewing Lip Treatment OR Burt’s Bees. Apply a light layer before moving on.
- Lip Liner. I usually recommend buying a neutral or nude lip liner. These colors can go with any colored lipstick and you don’t have to worry about matching a lip liner and lip stick color perfectly. Apply this along your lip line and inside to give a nice primer for your lipstick.
- Lipstick! So now is lipstick time! I apply it generously to my lips and then use a thin brush along the edges to get a very precise line. You can also use a little bit of concealer to clean up the edges to make them look even more precise! DO NOT rub your lips together to distribute the color! It can mess up your lines and make the color look uneven. I also use a bit of face powder and then do another layer of lipstick. This helps the color last longer.
- Lip gloss. The powder you use to set your lip color can make the color look a little more matte. If you like the matte look- awesome! If you want a little more sheen, apply lip gloss last. I love Aveda Lip Glaze. It’s hydrating and not super sticky!
There you go! You now have a great lookin’ red lip! I’m sure there are lots of other tips that can be used to make your lipstick even better; these are just the steps I have found that have helped me rock my red lip. So, go rock it.