All of us experience stress in our lives. Sometimes, it is only occasional. Other times, it may feel like you are stressed and anxious every day or even constantly. I understand the feeling of lying awake at night, worrying about … Continue reading
My husband joined the Army earlier this year and will be done with his Advanced Individual Training (AIT) soon! Can I get a Hallelujah?! I am so excited to get to live with him again and start sharing memories … Continue reading
Success. The word has a different meaning for everyone. To one person it might mean “when I become rich, then I will be successful” Or- “when I have the perfect family, then I will be successful.” Maybe, it’s a combination … Continue reading
I am a girl who loves a good red lip. It just looks so classy and makes me feel put together. My years of doing makeup and going to Esthetics school has taught me some tips and tricks to nail that perfect red lip look! (Really- these tips can help you achieve the perfect look for any color lipstick)
- Exfoliate. That may sound weird to you but its true. When your lips are dry or chapped, it can make your lipstick look uneven/chunky. You can use a soft sugar scrub, a lip enzyme, or even just gently using a damp wash cloth. Voila! You now have the perfect surface to begin.
- Lip Balm. The very first things you want to apply will be some type of moisturizing lip balm. I personally love Aveda Lip Saver or Renewing Lip Treatment OR Burt’s Bees. Apply a light layer before moving on.
- Lip Liner. I usually recommend buying a neutral or nude lip liner. These colors can go with any colored lipstick and you don’t have to worry about matching a lip liner and lip stick color perfectly. Apply this along your lip line and inside to give a nice primer for your lipstick.
- Lipstick! So now is lipstick time! I apply it generously to my lips and then use a thin brush along the edges to get a very precise line. You can also use a little bit of concealer to clean up the edges to make them look even more precise! DO NOT rub your lips together to distribute the color! It can mess up your lines and make the color look uneven. I also use a bit of face powder and then do another layer of lipstick. This helps the color last longer.
- Lip gloss. The powder you use to set your lip color can make the color look a little more matte. If you like the matte look- awesome! If you want a little more sheen, apply lip gloss last. I love Aveda Lip Glaze. It’s hydrating and not super sticky!
There you go! You now have a great lookin’ red lip! I’m sure there are lots of other tips that can be used to make your lipstick even better; these are just the steps I have found that have helped me rock my red lip. So, go rock it.
We all experience stress. Whether you have Chronic Stress, stress out over that big meeting coming up, or stressing over the next blog post you are going to do- it happens. I have always felt stressed but I never really studying stress itself until I was in Esthetics school. We were learning all about stress and the effects it can have on the body (and on your skin) and I realized one of the reasons I got into Skin Care was so I could help people relax and help ease some of the stress they are experiencing.
Stress can cause headaches, upset stomach, changes in sex drive, sleep problems, anxiety, depression, irritability, overeating, and drug use. The list goes on and on. Seriously. Stress affects our bodies more ways than we even realize. If you deal with stress often (like me), you start learning what your body does when you are stressed. For me, my body has lots of fun ways of letting me know I need to chill: The cartilage in my rib cage gets inflamed causing horrible pains. I also get bad sore throats and ulcers on tongue. Yeah, it’s sexy I know. Then, I get more stressed out because my body is in so much pain. It’s a vicious cycle.
Today, I want to share some of the ways you can help de-stress yourself. Lavender is one of the most calming aromas on the planet (check out my aromatherapy post to learn more about how smell works) so I thought I would share some of the best ways to use Lavender to help relax!
Diffusing is a great way to help get a certain aroma all around your house. If you are busy and can’t take the time to just relax, diffusing is a great option for you. Drop a few drops of Lavender into a Diffuser and then you can keep on doing whatever it is you need to be doing. Since the diffuser does the work for you- and they are small enough you can have one at home or work- you can enjoy the aroma where ever you are!
If you have some more time to take to yourself, you could always take a nice bubble bath or do a little self massage. You can find products with Lavender in them pretty much everywhere (watch out for anything synthetic!). My favorite lavender products are from Aveda’s Stress-Fix line. This line includes, lotions, oils, bath salts, and a body cleanser.
These are just some of my favorite ways to de-stress with one of my favorite, most calming oils. Of course, everyone has their own ways to relax. Maybe you like to go see a movie or go fishing or take a hike. Whatever way you love to relax- do it! Please do not forget to love and take care of yourself.