How often have we seen those tutorials for an “easy-everyday-makeup-look” and 30 minutes later, the tutorial is still going on? There are so many of us that simply do not have time to do something extravagant every single day. There … Continue reading
I am a girl who loves a good red lip. It just looks so classy and makes me feel put together. My years of doing makeup and going to Esthetics school has taught me some tips and tricks to nail that perfect red lip look! (Really- these tips can help you achieve the perfect look for any color lipstick)
- Exfoliate. That may sound weird to you but its true. When your lips are dry or chapped, it can make your lipstick look uneven/chunky. You can use a soft sugar scrub, a lip enzyme, or even just gently using a damp wash cloth. Voila! You now have the perfect surface to begin.
- Lip Balm. The very first things you want to apply will be some type of moisturizing lip balm. I personally love Aveda Lip Saver or Renewing Lip Treatment OR Burt’s Bees. Apply a light layer before moving on.
- Lip Liner. I usually recommend buying a neutral or nude lip liner. These colors can go with any colored lipstick and you don’t have to worry about matching a lip liner and lip stick color perfectly. Apply this along your lip line and inside to give a nice primer for your lipstick.
- Lipstick! So now is lipstick time! I apply it generously to my lips and then use a thin brush along the edges to get a very precise line. You can also use a little bit of concealer to clean up the edges to make them look even more precise! DO NOT rub your lips together to distribute the color! It can mess up your lines and make the color look uneven. I also use a bit of face powder and then do another layer of lipstick. This helps the color last longer.
- Lip gloss. The powder you use to set your lip color can make the color look a little more matte. If you like the matte look- awesome! If you want a little more sheen, apply lip gloss last. I love Aveda Lip Glaze. It’s hydrating and not super sticky!
There you go! You now have a great lookin’ red lip! I’m sure there are lots of other tips that can be used to make your lipstick even better; these are just the steps I have found that have helped me rock my red lip. So, go rock it.
Having some kind of nightly ritual for your skin is so important!
So many companies and websites have discussed the importance of going to bed with healthy, clean skin. These companies include: Allure Magazine, RealSimple, Fitness Magazine, and I found this awesome article on Huffington Post–
“According to researchers at the University of California-Irvine, new skin cells grow faster while you sleep, so a good evening facial routine should be a high priority. At night, the goal is to repair damage from the day’s pollution, sun and stress, as well as to hydrate since you lose more water from your skin as you snooze, according to cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Doris Day.”
Since I am a skin care addict, I thought I would share my nightly beauty routine!
#1 – Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleaning Towelettes – I’m one of those people who shower at night. So, I normally get all my make up form the day off in the shower. However, if I ever have any left over eye makeup (such a pain to get off), I use these towelettes and I love them! Burt’s Bees has always been a favorite of mine and the fact that they have an entire line for sensitive skin makes me like this company more!
#2 – LeeAnni Eco Go Away Gloomy Day – This stuff is amazing! It goes on so smoothly and is so light on my skin. I use it before my moisturizer and it has really helped my skin look brighter and just feel better. Also, I love products that have fun names!
#3 – Tucker Ashley Advanced Peptide Eye Complex – I got this Tucker Ashley product from subscribing to Ipsy. A little bit goes a long way with this particular product, which I love. I have never used an eye cream regularly before and this one has definitely made me realize how much I need one! I use it every morning and night and I am so sad my sample is almost gone!
#4 – Tucker Ashley Perfecting Moisturizer – I also got this product from Ipsy. I try out different moisturizers often because I love trying things out and finding new products I love. In the past, I have used Alba Botanica; but, when I got this in the mail, I was so excited to try it out! This moisturizer is so light on my skin and does not make me feel greasy or oily at all! I may have to purchase this again when my sample runs out 😉
So, this is my nightly routine! I stick to it every night, which I think is important, and then I have a different routine for the morning. Does anyone have any other tips or thoughts for what you do at night for your skin? Hope you had fun learning about some products I love!